Ofsted November 2017
The academy was subject to an OFSTED report on 7th & 8th November 2017 please see link below for a full copy below.
St Mark’s have been graded by ofsted as good with outstanding feature. This is an exceptional achievement, we are the most improved school in MERTON with academic progress being in the top16% of schools.
Summary of key Findings:
This school is good with outstanding features
- "The strong and ambitious leadership of the principal, supported by senior leaders and governors, has resulted in rapid improvement in the behaviour and outcomes of pupils at the school."
- "Many teachers have strong subject knowledge, which they use to plan challenging lessons. They use a variety of teaching strategies successfully. This helps most pupils to make progress which is above the national average. "
- "The school’s assessment systems are well designed and implemented consistently. This helps teachers to plan effective lessons and support individual pupils."
- "Pupils’ behaviour has improved significantly. Pupils behave well in lessons because they respect their teachers and each other. They are well prepared for the next stage of their education."
- "The school’s provision for the personal development and welfare of pupils is outstanding. It is highly enriching and supportive and focuses on ‘values in action’. Pupils are confident, thoughtful and articulate."
- "The breadth and challenge of the school’s curriculum are improving. It provides pupils with a greater range of choice and is increasingly demanding."
- "Governors understand their role well and carefully scrutinise the information available to them. They bring a wide range of skills to the school, which they use to support improvement."
- "The 16 to 19 curriculum provides students with opportunities to study academic and vocational subjects. Students’ progress in vocational subjects is stronger than in academic courses."