Creative Arts and Technology
The C.A.T faculty, Creative Arts and Technology at St Marks Academy comprises of Art, Design and Technology, Drama and Music. We are a thriving department who pride themselves on developing innovative, imaginative and resilient learners of today, with a broad skills set to be the creative leaders of the future.
The C.A.T faculty is a buzzing hub of activity in all of its curriculum strands from Art, Design and Technology, Drama and Music. We have a lively extra-curricular life and pride ourselves on developing learners in subjects that are directly related to careers and the world of creative innovation.
The mission of the C.A.T faculty is to celebrate the richness of the Creative Arts and Technology and:
- To provide excellent Teaching and learning through exciting projects where students build core skills as future creative innovators.
- To provide a vast range of enrichment opportunities from after school clubs, live projects, University visits and a range of eye opening Cultural experiences. All parental attendance is warmly welcomed and encouraged.
- To provide a tailor made C.A.T. faculty rewards system, from certificates.
Parent / carer and learner evenings to celebrate enrichment experiences and a unique C.A.T rewards evening.
Assessment within the C.A.T curriculums hone in on developing learners core skills to allow fluid progression from KS3 to 5, and beyond ~ from the world of work, to University and Industry. Assessment in Art, Design and Technology, Drama and Music, is made explicit to students through the use of incorporating the new 1-9 GCSE skills based assessment criteria, this information forms the basis of exciting learning opportunities.
- All Creative Arts and Technology lessons involve assessment that develops learners core skills in the subject and key literacy and numeracy.
- All learners from KS3-5 in the Creative Arts and Technology are given various forms of tests in line with the new exam specifications to prepare them for formal exams early on
- Learners are given a piece of hinged assessment once every half term, where they are given feedback on a piece of learning which they must use as a starting point to aim higher by improving their outcomes.
The Creative Art and Technology faculty are keen for students to experience the vivid and real life aspect of our subjects from Art, Drama, Design and Technology to Music!
Help your child where possible by taking advantage of London’s incredible cultural offer from experiencing Art and Design exhibitions, Theatre or Drama events, and Musical events and concerts. Support learners with Homework by discussing learning that is due and helping with organisation.
dance, glee club, samba and house band. We are able to offer many ‘real life’ learning opportunities and educational visits including theatre trips, links with the BRIT school, workshops with professional actors, visiting art galleries, music concerts and film making projects.
“I loved it! I feel this is something that I would like to do when I am older. It has been really cool.”
Vinny, Year 10
“I loved it! I have never done anything like this before. I have done dancing, and I love singing, but it was a real challenge to do it together. It was really fast- but I worked hard and was able to get it in the end. It was a real achievement for me. I now really want to go and see the show as the music is really good. Gemma was lovely; she really taught us well and helped us make sure we got all the steps just right. I would love to do this again. Can we do it again?”
'We will rock you' Musical Theatre Cast Workshop
“I’ve learnt many new skills, team work and organisation. I have really enjoyed working with new people and making new friends. It has been a really enjoyable experience. I wish I could do it all over again!”
Georgia – Year 11
|Art and Design||GCSE|
|Art and Design||A Level|
|Ms Hani Baluch Isaja||Product Design Teacher|
|Mr Matthew Irvin||Lead Teacher of Art|
|Ms Lucy Brown||Teacher of Drama|
|Ms Florence Glanfield||Teacher of Music|