The Art department strives to enable students to:
- Express themselves in new ways.
- Learn about jobs in the Arts industry like graphic design, making theatre and television props, interior design, illustrating books and magazines, fashion, film, photography, sculpture, and printmaking.
- To learn about things that have happened in the world throughout history.
- To help develop their imagination and creativity, and that can help solve problems in other lessons
- How to use the Basic Visual Elements in Art and Design; these are the key skills we need to make really good artwork
- Different Artists and Designers from other countries and from different times in history like Pablo Picasso, Vincent van Gogh, and Georgia O’Keeffe.
- Newer artists like Tracy Emin, Gavin Turk and Chris Offili
- Projects with Themes such as: ‘Self-Portrait’, ‘Natural Forms’ and ‘Leisure’
- Working with different tools, materials, processes and techniques